The Full Stack Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing Data Secrets’ highly-scalable software systems and user interfaces. These systems and UIs are for abilities of discovering, quantifying and analyzing data sensitivity using a combination of AI and NLP techniques; recommending and incorporating privacy protection mechanisms based on advanced cryptography and hardware-based trusted execution environments; and preparing and generating compliance reports. A successful candidate will drive software design decisions and produce high quality software for a microservice oriented architecture, while working closely with Data Secrets’ chief scientist office, the product management team, and the rest of the engineering team.
As a staff member of a fast-growing early stage startup, the full stack software engineer will be accountable for Data Secrets’ software system:
- Design and implement Data Secrets’ AI and crypto related algorithms and incorporate them into highly scalable systems
- Design and implement Data Secrets’ integrations with a heterogeneous set of data sources (structured and unstructured) and applications
- Design and implement innovative user interfaces
- Work closely with quality engineering, product management, and technical operations to develop, test, deploy, and operate high quality software
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Evangelize Data Secrets in industry-wide software development and data privacy forums
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of shipping software products that cater to web-scale workloads:
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background
- Experience with Java/Scala/Python/C/C++
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Solid understanding of web technologies; HTTP, REST, OAuth, and asynchronous programming.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience with building RESTful web-services
- Experience with web infrastructure, data analytics, and distributed systems
- Experience with integrations with data stores and application products
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Passion for open source and knowledge of the current and evolving ecosystem
- Prior experience in building NLP and machine learning based systems
- Prior knowledge or experience in cryptography and privacy is a plus